Skip to main content

Via Catalana. 400 km of human chain.


The last september 11th, in Catalonia, more than two millions of persons did an human chain that joined the most north catalan village with the most south catalan village, along the mediterranean coast line. 
With this chain we expressed our desire of being an independent State. We just ask, as a first step, the possibility of vote this matter. Till now, Spanish government deny us this right. They say that Spanish Constitution forbids this possibility. But Spanish Constitution was voted in a context of militar tension. Spanish people decided in 1978 between the Constitution or dark uncertainty of the early times after Franco. Constitution was written by seven men of different ideology, under invisible supervision of the army that was unquiet and wary due to new political changes in Spain. Just three years after, some generals of this army gave a coup. The coup did not succeed. But these facts show than the constitution was written in a very tense context. 
This constitution ignores sovereignty of nations that lie in spanish state. This nations can't decide its future. Their culture is subjected to contempt of Spanish Authority, that imposes castilian culture. Spain cuts, again and again, executive power of Catalan Government. Catalonia suffers a legal wall that Spain doesn't want to overthrow.

The chain of september 11th was a family feast. Parents, children, grandparents, friends... songs, dances, all in a pacific environment. Now, we must hope democratic sense of everybody to reach just what people want. 
National borders must be decided by people's wish and not by violence.
Europe must consider this matter as an internal European matter, because It's a matter of freedom and democracy. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nudity is not promiscuity. Naturists are not swingers.

Many people confuse nudity with sexuality; but human sexuality is present in all parts of human body, not only in the covered areas.
In my case, I defend the exercise of a responsible sexuality within the family. I believe in freedom, of course, and everyone can do what he wants, but in my personal life, sexuality belongs to family; it is a matter of my wife and me.  On the other hand, I think that a united family is the best place where children can grow up. I think that love should be present in all human relationships. When I say love, I mean really the love, empathy, will of good for people I love. Feeling is neither the cause nor the essence of love. Feeling is an usual result of love. But love is more than feeling . I can say that I love you  when I want all the good for you, in spite that the good for you doesn't mean a pleasure for me, in spite that the good for you means an effort for me. I bathe naked on the beach, and I sunbathe naked, that's true... but I do not prete…

Cañuelo Beach (Tarifa) (Cádiz) Andalucia.

Today I'm not going to write about a Catalan beach, but about Cañuelo beach, in Tarifa (Cadiz) Andalucia. In this beach, we can see a soft continuity between forest and sand. Any paved road is far away. Free nakedness is mixed with swimsuits. Here we have freedom to dress or undress. Sun is reflected on the deep blue sea and on the green pines. When summer dies, winter dress landscape in gala. The Sea grows dark and It bedecks with white handkerchieves.   

Beach is longer than two hundred metres; at ten o'clock, It is immersed in a bright solitude.




At one o'clock, beach is full. Naked people, dressed people... Freedom is chaotic. Uniformity is a consequence of imposition. We must walk along five or six quilometers to escaping from paradise and go back to the civilitation. The path follows a narrow line between the hills of a mountain steeped in beauty.


Sometimes we fear big animals that eat near path. They also fear us.

We see a big sand dune in the distance. The dune emerge fr…

Horror and Hope in Catalonia on October 1 (by Mathew Tree)

The next issue was written by Mathew Tree in his facebook.       He gently allowed me to publish it here.

On the evening of the September 30th, I went on a stroll to my nearest polling station, the Fort Pienc primary school at the far eastern end of Barcelona's Eixample district; the same school which my children had attended from the ages of three to twelve. So I knew quite a lot of the people there, who were putting up signs on the walls supporting democracy and the right to vote and were going to spend the night there, organising activities that were non-referendum-related, as they knew they would get visits from the Catalan police, who had instructions to close any premises in which 'referendum-realted activity' was taking place.  The police had been twice, had been exquisitely polite, took note of the number of people staying overnight and left. The atmosphere inside was bristling with excitement, of a kind I'd seen before (on the major Catalan demonstrations of 201…